BF Cross Country Team Races Towards States

Lia Clark, Editor

With only three weeks to go until the end of the fall sports season, BFUHS cross country team is racing towards the State competition on October 28. In the upcoming days, the team will compete at many meets and train harder than ever to see this season conclude with an exciting finish.

The girls team is excited this year to have more than one member! Haley Covillion, Brigid and Molly Hodsden, Emma Perkins, and Jasmine Boucher join Captain Lia Clark, creating a full team to compete at States and regular competitions. Thus far, the girls have all been doing well, their hard work paying off as they crush their personal bests at each meet. Molly Hodsden, for example, recently destroyed her best time at the Thetford Invitational Saturday, October 7, by over a minute! Additionally, Boucher and Covillion took fourth and fifth place respectively in the fifth seed at the invitational! They have high hopes for States this year and are looking to place in the top five.

The boys team is also looking good this year, Ian Wallace, Tim Salter-Roy, and Nic Potter typically placing in the top ten at local MVL meets. Colton Baldassaro, a Freshman, has also impressed the team with low times and an appetite to win. Captains, Nic Potter and Ethan Lauricella, have played a large role in encouraging the commitment of their team members, and have seen runners such as Collin Robertson, Stone Bradburry, and Gabe Hakimoglu move up in the ranks. Additionally, Jacob Howarth, Isaac Wilkinson, and Logan Comstock have seen huge improvements since the start of the season. Last year at States, the strong team placed second by only two points! Although they lost three strong runners, the team is hoping for a win this year!

Make sure you come and support the team at their last home meet on Tuesday October, 17! Good luck to the boys and girls cross country team!