Taking a Shot at a Three-peat

Taking a Shot at a Three-peat

Abbe Cravinho, Staff Writer

How long will the BF field hockey team’s winning streak last? Or will it ever end? The Bellows Falls field hockey team came off a spectacular season in 2016 where they lead the standings in Division 3, winning the state title and the MVL A division. Different this year, Bellows Falls has transitioned into the Division 2 pool and will compete in playoffs with teams in the division. They began their season in mid August, surviving through two weeks of hard work and practice to hopefully travel their way through a replica of the past two years.

The team lost four powerful Seniors, but gained a handful of Freshmen, and coaches Melanie Laross and Bethany Coursen were able to fill their positions this year as if those Seniors had never left. Showing in the Varsity team’s current record, nine wins

and no losses, the girls have not missed a beat, and dominated on the field. Within these nine games, they have outscored their opponents sixty goals, only allowing two to slip in. Additionally, the Junior Varsity team has gone 4-2-1. With both teams most playing teams from division one and two schools, this impressive performance is not an easy task. 

As the girls segway into the second half of their season, both JV and Varsity hope to remain undefeated, and to continue to work hard to be a force to be reckoned with, and a power ranking in their division.