The Howler

The Howler

Welcome Mrs. T!

Bradie Harris, Staff Writer

At the beginning of this school year, BFUHS students and teachers welcomed Laura Tabachnick, an energetic, always moving, and always smiling member to the Social Studies Department. Mother, wife, and the proud owner of two dogs (named Rubin and Boomer), two goats (named Thelma and Louise), nine chickens, and one turkey (who sadly left us on November 23rd), Mrs. Tabachnick has taught for twenty years in various schools and grades. An avid traveller and advocate for the color blue that shows up when the VCR dies on the TV, Mrs. T (as she is frequently called) has travelled to Mexico, Canada, and all across the United States.

Reflecting back on previous jobs and funny encounters, Mrs. T shared a fond memory of her first teaching job as a high school teacher where she attended a photography session. At this session, the models would pose with a life size cardboard cutout of Ronald Reagan. While she never explicitly said where the cut out ended up, it is safe to say the memory of it still lives on in the wildly fashionable mind of Bellows Falls’ very own, Mrs. Tabachnick.

When asked what she wants to be when she grows up, Mrs. Tabachnick is unsure. However, a superhero, world advocate, trumpet player, and goat whisperer have all crossed her mind. Despite this crossroad, Mrs. T will decide when the time comes, but for right now, she is happy to be a teacher. At BFUHS, she teaches World Cultures and Senior Seminar.

Above all, Mrs. T is the newest member to the BFUHS Social Studies Department and one of the new Bellows Falls Terriers, and we couldn’t be more proud and honored.

Welcome to Terrier Territory Mrs. Tabachnick!