The Howler

The Howler

A Promising Beginning

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Promising Beginning

Abigail Cravinho, Staff Writer

The winter sports season is off to a terrific start as the girls and boys basketball teams are looking forward to an excellent year. With a large group of incoming freshmen adding a tremendous amount of talent to both programs, the teams are hoping for the best. The junior varsity and varsity teams are excited to see what the new players bring to the table. Additionally, both the boys and girls varsity teams have a strong core of players returning after only losing one senior from the 2017-2018 season.

Coach Wells and his varsity squad of 12 added to two players to the returning nine. As a promising, strong group of players, Wells is excited to see how his team will perform this season. “We have a strong group of girls here ready to play and compete at the top level. I am excited to see what this season has to hold. We are going to kill it.” Tri- captains Abbe Cravinho, Molly Kelly, and Madison Streeter echo what Coach Wells has to say; they too are thrilled for this season. 

Girls JV Basketball; Coach Ferenc

For the JV program, Coach Ferenc has a handful of talent and excitement. As their season has gone under way, they have blown away their opponents in the the first two games. With a team of 15, Coach Ferenc has nothing but positive things to say about his roster. He says, “The teamwork and selfless play in the games and at practices has been great.” Each and every one of his players put in the necessary work to achieve the highest of goals and attempt their best each day, whether it be in practice or game.

Coach Stoodley is hoping and aiming for similar goals. Expecting nothing but the best from his athletes, he expects his boys to perform at the top notch. Senior captain Joe Terry and junior captain Ryan Kelly can agree that their team offers loads of talent and the are excited for what this season will hold. “We are aiming to put up a better record than last year.”

Coach Haskell, much like coach Ferenc, gained his own group of fearless freshmen boys on his team that are looking to add and contribute tremendously to the returning players. Inspiring in his players, Coach Haskell often posts about “winning the day.” His athletes do just that in practice and games whether the scores reflects this or not, always giving their coach effort and respect.

Spectators and members of the Bellows Falls community are excited and amped up to see what these coaches and their athletes have to hold for the future of Bellows Falls basketball. As an athlete myself, I assure you will not be disappointed by our teams if you show your Terrier Pride in the stands.

Go Terriers!