Welcome to Mr. Strothman

Welcome to Mr. Strothman

Thomas Lynch, Staff Writer

Stuart Strothman who was a Language Arts teacher for two years, and a Title 1 (reading) teacher for four years, was moved up to Bellows Falls Union High School as the Title 1 teacher for this year. This will be Mr.Strothman’s first year at BFUHS. Mr. Strothman said “As a Title 1 teacher they can move me place to place in the district,” and the school board decided that it would be best to move him to the High School.

Mr. Strothman enjoyed his work at the Middle School. He had good relationships with both students and staff and enjoyed fitting in there. He was torn through this process of moving from the Middle School, but he always knew that he was cut out for high school teaching. At first he wanted to become a high school teacher, but couldn’t find an opening for a Title 1 teacher.  However since he has arrived, he has enjoyed his job at the high school. He says that his fellow teachers have been very welcoming and kind. Furthermore, Mr. Strothman has seen many of his past students again. He enjoys helping the students overall, but is dealing with the challenge of helping all the students all the time with a larger variety of schedules at the high school compared to Middle School.

Mr. Strothman has worked at Landmark College for 7 years as an assistant professor, and is the Author of multiple books. He has been running local news papers for 15 years and is currently helping with the Terrier Times (The Bellows Falls Middle School newspaper). He has written books about teaching kids with disabilities, history of Putney, and a historical novella about a local Abenaki.